Wednesday, October 2, 2013

That Awkward moment when....!

So something awkward happened this past weekend – I ran into a co-worker of mine at that gay country bar I go to, Oil Can Harry’s.  




Aside from the fact that it’s always surprising to see someone at a place (a gay bar) outside of where you normally know them (work), it was awkward for me because I never actually told anyone at work I’m gay & am never quite sure if they know or not. 

Part of me assumes that they do – I’m still not sure how ‘gay’ I come across to people – but that small part of me that’s uncertain has always been afraid to just come right out and say it because of how long I’ve worked there without mentioning it. 

But I guess the cat’s out of the bag now! 

She was really cool about it, though, and came over to talk as soon as she recognized me.  She’s gay too (I knew previously) so I guess it was just a matter of time before I ran into her at one of these things.  I think she’s also a little gossip-y so she probably mentioned it to the other people in the office since then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment