Monday, August 19, 2013

My trip to Des Moines, IA

This post is being written a bit out of order since my trip to Des Moines happened about a month earlier than the Seattle Lindy Exchange, but I completely forgot to blog about it until now (sorry, Maren!) so here it is:  

Maren (a friend off mine from College) had been begging me to come visit her ever since she bought a house out in Des Moines & I finally said "yes" this year - mostly out of guilt because she's always making the trip out to Los Angeles.  This year, I figured I would pay her back.  

Plus - she's actually the first one of my college friends to own property, so I wanted to check it out.  

She & her boyfriend, Joe, showed me a lot of the great sights of Des Moines - particularly the 80/35 Music Festival; we save David Byrne & St. Vincent play!  

Here are some pics I took on my vacation.  










 David Byrne (of the Talking Heads) & St Vincent!  





I posted the rest of them here (and Facebook, of course).  

All in all, I had a pretty good time in Des Moines - mostly due to the heavy forethought & planning of Joe and Maren.  Thanks to the happy couple for putting me up on the 4th of July Weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment