Sunday, August 18, 2013

Seattle Lindy Exchange 2013!

So I haven't posted in a while due to work (ugh, work), but I wanted to mention the trip I took to the Seattle Lindy Exchange last weekend.  

This one was a long time coming - a couple of months *before* I decided to take my trip to Des Moines, - I booked a flight and registered for the Exchange.  For those of you who don't know, an exchange is a kind of "meet-n-greet" of dancers visiting the local neighborhood: the local dance community hosts dancers from all over & shows them 'the scene' that the city has to offer.  I'd heard Seattle had a pretty nice scene (they do Camp Jitterbug every year) & I'd been there before several years ago to visit some friends who live in the area.  

And I have to say that the Lindy scene in Seattle is pretty great.  I managed to attend the Friday, Saturday, & Sunday Night dances as well as the Saturday afternoon dance by Capitol Hill.  Many thanks to my host (and ole' college friend), Amanda, who came out to dance with me all weekend.  I feel like I had a great experience with all that the Seattle Dance scene has to offer!  The community is a little smaller than the one in Los Angeles, but it felt to me like they were all closer to each other & more tightly-knit as a community.   

Unfortunately - I didn't take *any* pictures....and neither did Amanda - we were too busy dancing!  

I managed to take this one from the Exchange's Facebook page:  


You can even see Amanda in this picture!  (She's the one in the bottom center with the curly blonde hair)  

All in all, I had a great time & am looking forward to attending more Exchanges next year (in other cities).  I know San Luis Obispo, San Francisco, & Portland OR, still do exchanges and I'm looking into other cities on the East Coast I could travel to as well.  

**UPDATE**

Amanda reminded me that I *did* take a few pictures from my trip on my camera; just not of the exchange.  Here they are:  





No comments:

Post a Comment