Monday, November 18, 2013

Gay-Straight Relations

So I was lurking around youtube last night & came across the following video dealing with the topic of why (some) gay guys hitting on straight men. 


While I guess I can see the logic behind the answers they give in this video, I was surprised that they don’t make the analogy between this & why (some) straight girls hit on gay men; I always thought the reasons for these two were the same: it’s considered ‘safe’ by the offending party so they feel they can do it without fear of being rejected. 

Let me explain: I’ve always heard that (again, some) straight women – aka ‘fag hags’ – are SUPER flirtatious with their GBFFs because they know he’s not attracted to them, so they feel like they can flirt however they want because the flirting is ‘harmless;’ “it doesn’t mean anything” because there’s no way it can actually get them anywhere. 

And they do it in a way they never would with a guy they know is straight.  Here’s another video I saw that I think best illustrates this (no offense to my straight-female-friend-offenders):


Obviously this logic doesn’t resemble any kind that we have on earth, but it’s still a valid theory…..and I’m pretty sure it’s the equivalent reason why (some) gay men hit on straight ones.  I know it’s the reason *I’ve* done it……

…..that one time. 

Seriously, it was only once, I swear!

……ANNNNND it was a long time ago. 

It doesn’t even matter.  I don’t know why I even brought it up.  It’s not like we’re even Facebook friends anymore.  

…..and the fact that we’re no longer FB friends had *nothing* to do with the flirting – which, again, was only once (and completely harmless).  

No comments:

Post a Comment