Monday, November 11, 2013

Life Update 11-11-2013

UGGGGH…. Everything is just happening all at once & who has time to write it down these days, amIrite?  But I’m going to try anyway, because blogging is a good way to let people know I haven’t died yet. 

WORK UPDATES:  I try never to talk specifically about work & my job / career for fear of them finding this blog & using it against me, but I feel like I can say without fear of repercussion that work has generally sucked ass for the past month and a half.  People have been let go (again!), leaving those of us who remain to pick up the pieces, lowering morale and essentially making me wonder why I’m still here. 

I know I say that all the time, but I think I really mean it now. 

Essentially, the only reason I am staying now is my commitment to my boss – who is honestly the best boss I’ve ever had (and I’ve worked for my mom).  If I ever become ‘management,’ I plan to model my philosophy after hers as best as I can. 

The only glimmer of ‘light at the end of the tunnel of suck’ is that some of the higher-ups recognize the hard work that I put in & are seeing the value that I contribute to the company.  I also got a couple minutes of ‘face time’ with some high-rankers in my department and it feels like they are considering me for bigger and better things.  And while that’s great, I’m not exactly sure how much I can count on that for anything. 

SOCIAL LIFE UPDATES:  In the few hours that I haven’t been slaving away at my job, I’ve been ‘putting myself out there’ by going to more social events – MOST of them gay-related (some are not): One has been gay “country” dancing at Oil Can Harry’s & another has been attending events put on by this meet-up group called “Gay Board Gaymers”.  My friend, Ryan, referred them to me & they’re a pretty fun group if I do say so myself! 

I even managed to meet a really cute guy there!  

We’ve been dating now for about a month & have been taking things kinda slowly because of major life events - he had to help his mom move to the Phillipines last month – so we’re still figuring out the ‘dating’ routine of how often we see each other and stuff.  But I totally like him: he’s smart, funny, nice…..all those incredibly ATTRACTIVE qualities that one looks for in a great boyfriend (he says, wondering if said boy is reading this)

…..and he’s a total SEXY nerd, too! 

He even took me to a legit comic convention called Bent Con: it’s catered towards the LGBT community & it was totally amazing!  I had no idea that this con even existed (or was so close to where I live)!  So I have him to thank for introducing me to all this. 

I’m trying my best to be cool & not overthink / expect too much out of him & this, but I feel really good about him.  HAPPY FACES ALL AROUND! 



OTHER STUFF UPDATES:  Going back to Hawaii for the Holidays (as usual) to visit my family & friends who live on the islands.  Staying till January 7th this time, so I’ll be around for New Year’s eve, too. 

I wish I updated this blog more than 3x a month…….!  

No comments:

Post a Comment